http://www2.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=22458565 Template David & Maureen's 2006 Photo Albums: Oregon Trip - Battleground

David & Maureen's 2006 Photo Albums

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Oregon Trip - Battleground

In the first part of September David and I went on a week long trip to the Oregon Coast with our close friends, Frank and Laurie. It was a great trip - all that I had hoped it to be. And the best part was that Frank and Laurie are still our close friends even after spending a week with us. We left Penticton Friday evening and spent the night with David's sister, Karen. Then we drove to Battleground, Washington - just outside of Portland, Oregon. At Battleground our accomodation was a lovely little cabin.


That evening we drove into Portland to attend a Comedy Improv Club billed as "clean improv - so clean you could bring your grandmother to". It was very funny.
In the morning I had gotten up early before the others and spent the early hours sitting on a bench by the lake and watching the mist vapourize off the lake and the ducks swimming around. I don't have a picture of that but it was incredible - I had left my camera in the cabin and I didn't want to wake the others that early. After breakfast we went for a hike around the lake.



We were sure glad to have David with us to clear the path of those huge trees.

I thought this was a neat sight - New life from old!