http://www2.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=22458565 Template David & Maureen's 2006 Photo Albums: Oregon Trip - Fort Stevens

David & Maureen's 2006 Photo Albums

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Oregon Trip - Fort Stevens

We got to Fort Stevens in the afternoon and Frank, Laurie and I went to the beach to the jutte (I don't know if I've spelled that correctly).
I got my first true Oregon Beach scenery. Breathtaking, amazing! The incredible beauty of God's creation was awesome. I just soaked it all in.

I love the feel, the smell and the sight of the ocean.


Fort Stevens was our first Yurt experience. It is a tent-like structure with beds inside and heat and lights. These would be our home for the next week. They turned out to be very good and an enjoyable exprience.

That night we drove into Cannon Beach to catch a play at the local theatre. Unfortunately, I got the time wrong and so we showed up during the intermission so we watched the second half of the play. But Frank said after the curtain call. "I think we saw just enough". I do have to say that they had a great set, though. Afterwards, we went to a local restaurant for decadent dessert.
In the morning we got up and went to the beach again and this time to the sight of a ship wreck.
Then we went to the beach. Laurie's enjoying some rays for a while.


Look at the beautiful blue sky.




Then we went to the historical Fort Stevens site. Fort Stevens was a military base and also had a Lewis Clark display.Fort Stevens reminded me of Fort Rodd Hill in Victoria.